Hi,

(If you aren't subscribed to the debian-user list, then better do.
 Normally replies are sent without Cc: to individual mail addresses.)

Tibor Mate wrote:
> Hello dear support,

Disclaimer: I am just a user.

The noise timing which you describe and the behavior with old systems
gives the suspicion that it has something to do with the "power mode"
of the disk. I.e. when it gets into power saving mode, it begins to sing.

Some info can be seen at
  https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/Powermode

I would try to verify the suspicion by having a little loop which reads
some random block from hard disk every 15 seconds.
But probably you can already verify by

  not_yet_read_file=...some.freshly.chosen.path...

  dd if=$not_yet_read_file of=/dev/null

whether the singing ends when the disk becomes busy.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas