On 19/10/2017 at 22:24, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
> I had similar problems and switched to Chromium, however I would never
> trust *any* browser to store passwords

I don’t especially like or trust fully Firefox, but I wouldn’t trust
Chromium more (yet my bank website too doesn’t work with firefox, that’s
why I do everything from commandline with boobank (which does), yet once
I used to use Chromium only for that).

I’d especially like to notice that there are the packages
*xul-ext-gnome-keyring* and *xul-ext-kwallet5* which make both Firefox
and Thunderbird use respectively GNOME and KDE’s password
managers. That’s way more secure imho, and especially with the package
xul-ext-pwdhash.

Waiting for the beautiful day where you’ll have only one passphrase to
remember, update and type for both grub/libreboot, luks, PAM/login,
password manager, and gpg-agent… Would that difficult to achieve? Would
require intensive hack on packages grub, luks, shadow, Linux-PAM,
Gnome-Keyring/KWallet and gnupg2 right?

There are also the solution on allowing that unique passphrase per a
usb token, a pgp card, or no passphrase at all (when you have memory
problems and if you’re old and poor enough for example).

Makes computers way more accessible…