On Tue, 31 Oct 2017, Glenn English wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 9:45 PM, Don Armstrong <d...@debian.org> wrote:
> > Host cisco1841
> >      KexAlgorithms diffie-hellman-group1-sha
> >      Ciphers aes128-cbc,3des-cbc
> >      MACs hmac-md5,hmac-sha1
> >
> > in your ~/.ssh/config and then connect to the machine like so:
> >
> > ssh cisco1841;
>
> Sounds quite reasonable. Having a lame algorithm for just one host'll
> be no problem. But there's no 'config' of any sort in there.

You'll have to create it.

> > The real solution is to upgrade to a more recent version of IOS.
>
> IOS is way not FOSS. Lovely software, though.

Heh; I would have suggested using openwrt or openswitch instead but
sometimes that's not an option. [I've personally had to deal with this
issue for older hardware's OOB management stacks.]

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

unbeingdead isn't beingalive
 -- e.e. cummings "31" _73 Poems_