On 12/21/2017 02:53 AM, Farhad Mohammadi Majd wrote:
>> First off, check that your card reader HARDWARE supports the MS. Have
> you read the Wikipedia page on Memory Sticks? There are almost as many
> variants as Secure Digital has.
>
> Yes, I have read that article and my memory card reader claims that it
> supports Memory Stick and has a slot for it and I think when it is
> detected by system, this means my memory card reader can read this type
> of memory card.
>
>> Secondly, have you checked for physical switches on the Memory Stick?
> There might be a read-only switch; there might even be a bank-select
> switch.
>
> Yes, it has a *Lock* switch, it is set to open.

I believe there is something wrong with your hardware.  I do not believe
there are any sdc much less memory stick that contains 2 tB. The largest
I heard is 256 gB and memory stick is old technology.

In addition be careful of the switch. In sdc cards, the switch does not
truly make the card read only, instead it is a bit to indicate the
switch is on or off. It is up to the software to ensure that you do not
write to it. Of course this may have changed

--
Joseph Loo
j...@acm.org