Hi,

I fetched a new computer few days ago. The equipment are:

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350-Gaming
CPU: Amd Ryzen 3 1300x
RAM: 16Gb
Video card: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Hard disk: WD green 240 Gb

On this computer I installed Debian-9.3.0-amd64.
I've first tried to install the video card. I found a particular driver for
Linux from Ndivia's website. And then I bigan to install it... It didn't
work so I asked your help via email yesterday.  You gave me this kind of a
guide:

"Hi, you really don't need to download drivers from Nvidia website, it is
quite the opposite since doing so will probably result in a much less
stable system and difficulty to update.

Start by reading the relevant Debian documentation [1], your card is fully
supported by the Nvidia driver available in Debian 9 [2] so you are in luck!
All you need is to add "non-free" to your /etc/apt/sources.list file, and
install the package "linux-headers-amd64" and "nvidia-driver". See link
[1], it's all explained there."

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers

[2] http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/375.66/RE
ADME/supportedchips.html

--------------------------------------
I reinstalled "stretch" and then I followed the instructions you gave. With
one little exception. I added also the "contrib" to every line after
"main". That was the guide of the link.

After that the rest of the installation seemed to go well. Then I rebooted
and all I confronted was empty dark screen. Computer still had the power
on.  I didn't get any further.

Now I have reinstalled Debian again. What should I do to make my video card
running?

--
With friendly regards

Erkko Lahnajärvi