Gene Heskett wrote:

>> TDE has support channels. People there are far more likely to be
>> familiar with wheezy (unsupported on Debian) and their own packages
>> (not in Debian) and any automounting issues.

there is no automount - Gene might remove usbmount package and see if this
helps. The package is not  required by any TDE package.
In Stretch TDE  would sense the plugged usb and list it unmounted. User may
click on the item and it will mount. I never experienced automount.

> Their mailing list turned into a black hole around 9 months back.  And
> I'm subscribed.

I don't know what you mean, but I read and post to both lists (user/devel)

Unfortunately I upgraded long time ago from jessie to stretch and don't know
whats the status with wheezy.

regards