On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 13:04:20 -0500, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 05:26:41PM +0000, Juan R. de Silva wrote:
>> I've been using gapcmon GUI to control my APC UPS backup units for
>> years.
>> I cannot find it in Debian Stretch repos. Was the package removed? For
>> what reason? What can I use in its stead?
>>
> https://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gapcmon.html
>
> It was removed from Debian more than two years before the release of
> wheezy and had not been updated for nearly two years prior to that.

Interesting. I've been using it in Jessie and do believe I took it from
Debian repos.

> Here is the bug that requested its removal:
>
> https://bugs.debian.org/617593

I found no details about the bug. I personaly never experienced any
problems with it.

> I am not sure what your requirements are, but I use apcupsd (with its
> web interface in the apcupsd-cgi package). That does the job for me.

With gapcmon I did not need to start my web browser. It was just a click
away.

I'll try web interface. Is it easy to use? Oh, well, if I don't like it I
still have an option to use terminal. :-)

Thank you Roberto.