On 02/23/2018 12:34 PM, Reco wrote:
        Hi.

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 12:10:47PM -0500, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
Of course, the above becomes moot, after I disable IPV6.
Exactly.

I have three other devices on my router, a Desktop, a Laptop and a Printer.
How will disabling IPv6 on the router affect them?
A printer should live. Assuming that's a good printer, not that modern
kids' toy that comes to Internet just for the heck of it.

A desktop and a laptop should not notice it. It depends on their OS of
course, but as long as you don't need to connect to them from outside
world via IPv6 - nobody will change for them.

Reco

What about just disabling IPv6 on the platform that's having the problem? How can I do that?

Also, just out of curiosity I installed Stretch in a VirtualBox on this computer and it isn't having any problems with IPv6.

The other Desktop is an older 32 bit computer that used to run WindowsXP on which I installed the 32 bit version of Stretch It isn't having any problems, other than those that can be ascribed to a tired platform way past it's prime.

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.
Consultant