On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 20:29:38 +0000
Joe <j...@jretrading.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 10:04:14 -0400
> Albretch Mueller <lbrt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  I have a group of kids that are very good in Math and they want to
> > learn some actual programming
> >
> >  My approach is to introduce them to the basics of coding using ANSI
> > C, C++ and java (so they learn what pointers are about, how patterns
> > are coded in different languages, ...)
> >
> >  Is there a blend with those ANSI C, C++ and java as well as eclipse
> > installed, so that they can use it from a DVD Debian live version?
>
> I'm not aware of one, but then again I don't work in those areas. If I
> had to do it, I'd make my own live DVD with those explicitly
> installed.

Actually, for some years I've kept in my jacket pocket the smallest
external hard drive I've ever seen, which sadly was the end of its
line. I haven't been able to find a replacement.

It contains a 32-bit installation of Debian unstable with generic
kernel modules, and will boot on almost any 86-derived computer. It's
just an ordinary installation, so I can add and remove things at will.
That might be the way for you to go.

--
Joe