On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 12:15:05PM -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
Unfortunately, I have other OSes on this system and they are configured
for the hardware clock set to local time. I need to keep it that way.

For what it's worth, you'll have less long term pain if you also configure those to use UTC. Lots of hilarity can ensue when multiple OSs decide they need to reset the local time for DST changes...

It's good that MS did eventually figure this out, and provide a mechanism to specify that the HW clock is UTC.

Mike Stone