On Tue, 12 Jun 2018, Piotr wrote:

Dear all,

Recently I upgraded my Jessie to Stretch and since then I do not
have working hibernation.

When I do hibernate-disk, then it seems to be making a memory
snapshot, but when I restart I gets a hang up with a black screen or
reboot (depends on which kernel version I use). Already tried with
4.16.0-0.bpo.2-686-pae, 4.16.0-0.bpo.1-686-pae and with
linux-image-3.16.0-5-686-pae.

How should I debug this issue and fix it?

No idea.

Killing some idle time with

  backport kernel stretch hibernation site:debian.org

at a search engine eventually led me to this 2007 document, which
looks interesting:

  https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/power/basic-pm-debugging.txt

I have not yet read it in full, (and so, obviously) have never used it
myself.

--

It's gotten to the point where I get immediately suspicious whenever
anybody starts talking about "civility," "tone," or as Iowa Public

twitter.com/bluntedpurpose/status/1001567312057651201