On 2018-06-15, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

>> > Obviously one test to attempt to corner the real culprit in this
>> > affair would be to try another editor. How about gedit, for example?
>> > Or have you done that already?
>
> Gedit can be dangerous to your mental health. At least recommend an
> editor that does not randomly play 52 pickup with your code when you
> save it. gedit looks nice, but I no longer allow it on the premises.
> And life is a heck of a lot simpler.

Unsubstantiated, anecdotal, unscientific, cantankerous, off-the-wall,
and excessive.

The adjectives, in fact, fail me.

;-)

As OP navigates in the gtk library world, and the other guy (in the
thread I pointed to) successfully used gedit under similar circumstances
to the OP's, I just blurted out gedit without further intellectual ado
for a simple test of a simple hypothesis.

I wasn't asking him or anybody else to change religions or anything.

But you do you have to be prudent here. There are so many sensibilities,
so many toes, so many ways to go wrong and be chastised in all the
innocence of the generosity of your initial impulses.

Jesus, what a world. I think I'll retire and watch some of that funny
football they play here (Spain-Portugal last night lived up to every
and all expectations).