Richard Owlett:

> That leads to asking two related questions:
>  1. How can I get a list of packages tagged as required?

Aptitude is great for answering questions like this:

$ aptitude search '?priority(required) ?archive(stable)'

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/aptitude/ch02s04s05.en.html

>  2. What section of the installer installs packages tagged as required?
>     I assume the answer will, in part, be a referral to some developer
>     oriented documentation. [My motivation is personal education rather
>     that creating the next "killer app].

You may want to ask this question in debian-boot (surprisingly, this
list appears to be the place to discuss d-i).

J.
--
I often play sports / do exercise.
[Agree]   [Disagree]