On 18/07/18 05:20 PM, Dan Ritter wrote:

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 02:45:32PM -0700, Charlie Gibbs wrote:

On 18/07/18 11:05 AM, Dan Ritter wrote:

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 10:24:45AM -0700, Charlie Gibbs wrote:
What terminal program are you using? Is the behavior the same if you
fire up slrn in xterm, rxvt, and gnome-terminal? (to pick three
wildly different code bases)

Good call, sir!  Indeed, when I did the fresh install of Stretch,
the default terminal run from the panel (exo-open --launch TerminalEmulator)
had changed to gnome-terminal.  A bit of web searching came up with the
exo-preferred-application command, which let me re-configure the default
terminal emulator to Xfce Terminal.  All is well again.  Thanks!

(Do the Gnome people like pastels?)

As far as I can tell, the guiding principle of the GNOME project
these days is "I like it, so that's what you should use."

Only I don't like it.

I tried Ubuntu for a while, and was fairly impressed. And then Unity happened...

Luckily, we live in a world full of choices, and the decision to
use a particular desktop environment (or not) is reasonably easy
to change.

Try to explain that to a Windows vict^H^H^H^Huser.  His brain would explode.

--
cgi...@surfnaked.ca (Charlie Gibbs)