> The nginx-full package fails to install on Debian stable (Stretch).

  Looks like it does install, but then it fails to start.

> Does anyone know why? Is this a bug?

  You should be able to see why it fails to start by looking at the
 nginx error-log, explore beneath /var/log/nginx.

  I would *guess* that you have an existing webserver, such as apache,
 running.  If that is the case you'll want to stop it before you try
 again - because it will bind to port 80 (and possibly 443), which
 will prevent another program from doing the same (i.e. If nginx tries
 to start, but port 80 is in use it'll fail and stop).

> Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
> Setting up nginx-full (1.10.3-1+deb9u1) ...

  Installed & setting up.

> [FAIL] Starting nginx: nginx failed!

  Failed to start.

> invoke-rc.d: initscript nginx, action "start" failed.

  Failed to start.

> dpkg: error processing package nginx-full (--configure):

  So the configuration-process failed, which marked the installation
 as failed.

Steve
--
https://www.steve.org.uk/