On 2018-10-09, dot...@gmail.com <dot...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 2:02 PM Curt <cu...@free.fr> wrote:
>
>> On the archlinux sound troubleshooting wiki ("The only device
>> shown is 'dummy output'..." section), they suggest
>> executing
>>
>>   fuser -v /dev/snd/*
>>

> Thank you for the hint. I never came across that link.
> Unfortunately, I tried and it seems that no application is using /dev/dsp.

Actually that would be '/dev/snd*' not '/dev/dsp' (the latter being the
old, obsolete oss sound device from way back when, which I doubt would
exist on Stretch at all).

--
"Now she understood that Anna could not have been in lilac, and that her charm
was just that she always stood out against her attire, that her dress could