On Wed 10 Oct 2018 at 10:52:10 (-0400), Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 October 2018 09:58:22 rhkra...@gmail.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Not needed,

I think the remark was a sarcastic aside.

> > And that reminds me that there are also somewhat similar devices that
> > plug into a USB port and provide (in my case) 4 more USB ports and one
> > RJ-45 Ethernet port.  I bought a couple of those on eBay (surely from
> > the far east) for less than $10 each a few years ago.
> >
> > I use them to connect tablets without Ethernet ports to my LAN.

The OP has indicated awareness of such devices and has eschewed them.

I have no idea how to interpret "*DOES NOT* have a _physically_
accesible Ethernet port" in

> Now I've got some little gismo from netgear that IIRC
> cost a bit over 30 USD that plugs into the usb port adjacent to the
> rj45. No longer in use as I had to turn that routers radio off for lack
> of access security. A neighbor was using 2.5x my own net bandwidth/month
> thru it. And they might not have realized they were. I've no neighbors
> smart enough to know, or care. Probably a smartphone, which will grab
> any signal it can get. Shrug.

Do you mean that smartphones can crack WPA2 without its owner even
being aware of the fact? (You've posted abut this incident several times.)

Cheers,
David.