On Tue, 30 Oct 2018, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 12:45:21
> From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Help me Linux
>
> On Tuesday 30 October 2018 11:20:28 Ric Moore wrote:

> > > +1. From one of the lists more prolific offenders, me.
> >
> > We;; you have been "grandfathered" in! Ric
>
> Both of us, but at 84, I'm still walking, short distances anyway, usually
> with a stick though. But one Miller64 a day sure is hard on a would be
> alky. Is good bbq sauce still your downfall?
>
> Sorry we ran off topic here folks, but I've known Ric for a lot longer
> than he's been subbed to _this_ list.  And we're almost neighbors, but
> the mountains get in the way. Mountains covered in roads laid out by a
> copperhead, with a sidewinder someplace in its dna. You can drive at the
> roads comfortable speed and get 12 mpg at 35 mph peak, or you can get in
> a hurry showing somebody how its done, and hit 50 mph at 3 mpg. BTDT,
> steering with the throttle.  Gas stations too far apart too, good thing
> that 83 ford 4wd pickup had dual tanks in 1986.

Based on the fact the producers of the Movie Titanic decided against
windows and chose and used gimp for their graphics work gimp can probably
eat corel draw's lunch and make corel draw like it.  Fortunately, lots of
youtube videos are available so checking these out can give you an idea
how effective gimp will be to cover your use cases.
Two of the apps I have on my iphone which may also be available on
android if you use android are mini cards and kahn academy.  One or both
may offer some help with mastering python.  Other python tutorial apps
exist on the iPhone as well some for small fees and some others for
larger fees.
I can't say what goes on on Android since I don't use that operating
system regularly enough to check these things out.