On 11/5/18 9:17 AM, Finariu Florin wrote:
Hi,

Hi.  :-)

Somebody can help me with some information about why I can not see the Raid0
created in bios?
I have a motherboard EPC602D8A with 2 chipsets: Intel C602 (Sata 2 x 4, Sata 3
x 2) and Marvell SE9172 (Sata 3 x 2). I create in BIOS a Raid0 on Marvel and
another Raid0 on Intel C602.
When I start installation of OS in the section 'detect disk' it's show me
nothing ask me to verify if the SSDs are connected. When I install OS with no
Raid partition it see all SSDs I have plugged. I verified all SSDs one by one
all cables too but nothing...
So how can I see the Raids created in Bios? Is something else should I do to be
able to see them? I tried on RedHat, Fedora, CentOS, Kubuntu but the same thing!
So if you have informations about this please help me !
Thank you!

STFW it looks like you have an ASRock Rack motherboard with three disk controller chips:

http://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=EPC602D8A#Specifications

Storage
SATA Controller - Intel® C602 : 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, 4 x SATA2 3.0 Gb/s support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10; Intel® SCU: 1 mini SAS connector(4 x SATA2 3.0Gb/s) support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and Intel® Rapid Storage 3.0, NCQ, AHCI and "Hot Plug" functions Additional Storage Controller - Marvell SE9172: 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, support RAID 0, 1, NCQ, AHCI and "Hot Plug" functions

Here is some background information about these kinds of chips:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID_controller

As others have mentioned, the chips on your motherboard may or may not implement everything required to present a disk array as a single ATA device to an otherwise unaware operating system. For less sophisticated controllers, you typically download a driver and a GUI app for your OS. Looking at the motherboard support page Download tab, all I see is Windows:

http://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=EPC602D8A#Download

I suggest that you contact ASRock Rack technical support and ask their advice for Linux.

David