On Mon, 03 Dec 2018, Kamil Jońca wrote:
> 1. as "everybody" knows, in case of anacron presence, system cron jobs
> are delegated to anacron.
> 2. recently in Debian we have anacron.timer which also runs "cron.daily"
>    entry.
> 3. there is a timeout in systemd services which cause to kill my jobs :(

Eh, that will only happen if you try to stop the anacron service,
otherwise the timeout would apply to anacron _itself_ failing to start,
not to any of its jobs...

> Dec 03 00:23:54 alfa systemd[1]: anacron.service: State 'stop-sigterm' timed
> out. Killing.

See, someone or some script told systemd to stop anacron (or maybe to
stop-and-start/restart it).  THIS is causing the undesired behavior.

I am not sure what the proper fix would be in this case, depends on what
caused the attempt to stop (or maybe restart) the service.

--
  Henrique Holschuh