On 12/06/2018 07:11 PM, Yves wrote:
i suggest you to crack windows 10 and dowload autodesk autocad trial 30
day and then crack it too its pretty much an easy thing to do for
everybody. Sometime free sofware just dont have it you have to hack it.

On 2018-12-06 17:48, hdv@gmail wrote:
On 12/6/18 11:31 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

The librecad in the debian repos for wheezy is nearly a decade old,
v-1.02. There are V2-* stuff that still runs on QT4 some of which is
already installed.

Is there a repo where I can source a newer version than 1.02 without
destroying my system?

1.02 is so old the u-tube tuts are nearly worthless, yet it shows promise
of being able to lay out a boxes rear panel with 13 connections thru it.
which is what I am trying to do.

Or is there an even better 2d app for such?

Thanks everybody.
Hai Gene,

Some time ago I tried LibreCAD as well and soon had to conclude there were too
many issues with it to proceed. Meanwhile I've adopted QCAD (the Pro version)
and I am quite happy with it. I've been drawing some fairly complex stuff with
it (industrial machinery) and have been able to do almost everything I needed it
to do. Mind you it is 2D only, but as far as I can remember the same was true of
LibreCAD.

I think it might not satisfy the DFSG, as there are proprietary modules in it,
but most of the code is licensed under GPLv3.

Grx HdV

You might want to look into DraftSight, a clone of AutoCad. Not free. Main drawback: it does not (or did not--haven't looked at it in a while) recognize whole word instructions, only the abbreviations of AutoCad 11, and probably later editions. I used a lite version of AutoCad at work, since I am not primarily a PCB designer, and I never learned the abbreviations. (Now retired for 16 years.) It runs
on Linux--I have an RPM system.

--doug, retired RF engineer.