deloptes (2019-01-04):
> Come on, the argument of Roberto C. Sánchez holds. Operator != Mechanic.

And I have not suggested that Roberto become a kernel hacker. I hope you
noticed.

> operate a PC means you know how to power on, login, start and use
> application

What applications can they use if nobody installed them? You have a
strange opinion of how a PC works.

There is no going around it: a PC is a very complex piece of technology.
For everyday use, the complexity is well hidden, but not all day is
everyday. There are unavoidably cases when somebody needs to deal with
the complexity. In that case, there are only three options:

- pay somebody competent to do the job, or else entice them to do the
  job for free;

- become competent;

- go live in a cave.

Regards,