On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 5:03 PM Alexander V. Makartsev
<avbe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15.02.2019 11:44, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Could you recommend affordable and reliable cloud storage for 50 TB of data?
>
> Here are some important factors to consider:
>
> 1. Personal/non-commercial use.
>
> Out of pure interest, what kind of data do plan to store? How often do you
> plan to access it and from what location?
> 50000 GB of data looks enormous to transfer over the Internet on daily basis.

Hi Alexander,

Basically personal data. I don't intend to access the data in the
Cloud often. Just want to park it permanently in the Cloud. Maybe I
can access the Cloud from anywhere in the world?

> 2. Must be affordable, since I am unemployed most of the time and have
> super low levels of income for the past 12 years since I graduated
> from the National University of Singapore in 2007.
>
> I don't think there are any kind of storage service available for that kind
> of storage demand and costs a few tenners.
> 50 TB is no joke and even basic calculation gives values around $1300 per
> month.

USD$1300 per month is more than half or 50% of the monthly salary of a
typical university graduate in Singapore. So I don't think I will be
able to afford to pay USD$1300 per month just for cloud storage alone.

> I don't know the whole picture of your use case, but I think it would be much
> cheaper in a long run to self-host it on premises. Even with high
> availability solution.
>
> 3. Cloud storage provider must not be a fly-by-night company, that is,
> it will not suddenly close down the next day.
>
> Basically, you have to stick with one of major companies, like Google,
> Amazon, CloudFlare, Microsoft.
> Otherwise, there is no guarantee that your data will vanish one day with the
> company, but even then, once your data is uploaded into cloud it could become
> a hostage at any time in the future.

Noted above sentence with thanks.

> Please advise.
>
> Thank you.
>

> --
> With kindest regards, Alexander.
>
> ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
> ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
> ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
> ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀

===BEGIN EMAIL SIGNATURE===

The Gospel for all Targeted Individuals (TIs):

[The New York Times] Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of
U.S. Embassy Workers

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba-microwave.html

Singaporean Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's Academic
Qualifications as at 14 Feb 2019

[1] https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/

[2] https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/

[3] https://www.scribd.com/user/270125049/Teo-En-Ming