On 01.03.2019 15:07, Andrea Borgia wrote:

> Il giorno ven 1 mar 2019 alle ore 10:46 Alexander V. Makartsev
> <avbe...@gmail.com <mailto:avbe...@gmail.com>> ha scritto:
>
>     On 01.03.2019 13:27, Felix Rubio wrote:
>>         I have mix stable+testing (~1200 packages from stable, ~20
>>     packages from testing). I have the following contents in
>>     /etc/apt/preferences.d/pinning:
>     This is something you should not do in first place. [1]
>

> I have a "testing" installation with "stable" as additional source,
> meaning that in my case the numbers would probably be reversed.
> Is that still a no-no ?
>
> Regards,
> Andrea.

This is something you have to decide for yourself and deal with
unforeseen consequences.
If you actually *build* packages from "stable" on "testing" system,
using dependencies for building also from "testing" then it should be ok
compatibility wise.
If you simply *install* packages from various sources and branches then
you asking for trouble.

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀