Hi,

We are using fail2ban to do this. It offers many more options, and works by creating iptables rules. This gives you much more control over what ports exactly are blocked.

Plus I think (correct me if Im wrong) that using /etc/hosts.deny to block access only works with programs that are compiled to do so, and iptables will always work.

MJ