On Wed, Apr 3, 2019, 8:26 AM Richard Owlett <rowl...@cloud85.net> wrote:

> At this point, the same cognoscenti who bemoan Linux lacking market
> penetration tell him to go read some techie manuals and perform arcane
> incantations. As true ostriches they insist the problem is "operator
> error".

This is a misperception. Linux rules the data center, not the desktop.
Therefore the vast bulk of Linux installs are not done this way. Instead,
entirely by network. I haven't heard anyone else complain about the mount
message I don't believe.

Now I think that the specific volume information displayed is just the text
in sources.list. So perhaps you could replace it with your desired text.

I was going to document here the work-a-round I successfully used