On Wednesday, April 10, 2019 10:25:00 AM rhkra...@gmail.com wrote:
> Oh, I should have mentioned that the switches I use are 10/100 megabit, not
> gigabit.
>
> (I'm not sure, but the switch built into my Edge Router might be Gigabit,
> but that device was closer to $50 (on sale, I'm fairly sure, although I
> bought it at a time when I was having problems with my LAN, so may have
> paid closer to list price).)

Hmm, I hope this doesn't violate the policies of the debian user list -- I
guess I'll find out soon enough ;-)

Oh, as a data point, today I see a 5-port Gigabit switch on sale for $9.95
with free shipping.  (If you go to the URL, you will see the price as $14.95
-- to get the $9.95 price, you have to subscribe to their mail list and then
you will get a promo code that gives another $5 off.

The sale ends on Sunday (not sure of the exact time).

If i was going to buy one and not yet a subscriber, I'd subscribe, and then
call them, explain that you have just subscribed, and ask for the promo code
for this item (and possibly even placing the order while on the phone -- I
usually buy "online").

(If you subscribe to their mail list, you will occasionally get advertisements
with promo codes (for various items).)

Disclaimer, I have no affiliation with Newegg, and get renumeration for any of
this.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704042&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL041219&cm_mmc=EMC-
IGNEFL041219-_-EMC-041219-Index-_-Switches-_-33704042-S0G&ignorebbr=1