Greetings!

        At work, we have several computers that are located at different
locations throughout the country. Some of them are highly inaccessible by usual
means, and it requires a certain planning to reach them to have direct access.
Therefore, we have been using TeamViewer software to access those machines
remotely.

        However, the "powers that be" have decided that TeamViewer is not worth
the investment on a commercial license for unrestricted use, and therefore I
have been asked to find a replacement.

        Do any of you good fellows know of some software (or service for that
matter) that might perform the same task? Regular VNC (e.g. tigervnc) is not
quite enough, since each site runs inside the infrastructure of other people,
and therefore we do not have control over their networking environment; some of
the have real IPs, and others are behind firewalls and NATs, which render a
regular direct connection impossible.

Thanks in advance,
Francisco

--