Hello,

On Mon, Jul 08, 2019 at 02:40:16PM -0000, Curt wrote:
> But as an innate altruist (just kidding), I'm wondering whether the
> regular user is aware of the implications of all this. What about people
> in Nation States ...  Well, you get the idea.

Thing is, if you can't trust that your CPU's implementation of
RDRAND hasn't been compromised then how can you trust that any other
aspect of your CPU hasn't been compromised?

Every Intel CPU contains a whole other operating system (Minix) and
no one outside of Intel knows exactly what it does. The situation
will not be markedly better at AMD.

Personally I use RDRAND and also hardware entropy sources
(EntropyKey and OneRNG).

Cheers,
Andy

 — John Levine