Hi Pierre,

Quoting Reco (2019-07-12 08:09:03)
> On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 01:03:33PM +0200, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> > when installing some packages (chromiun for example), I get a lot of
> > useless languages (task-marathi-desktop task-nepali-desktop ...) Is
> > there a way to get rid of them?

On Debian or somethins else (perhaps something derived from Debian, like
Raspbian or Armbian or Ubuntu or Kubuntu or...)?

And which exact command causes chromium to pull in those task-* packages
on your sysstem?

I ask because I cannot recognize that Debian systems (neither stable
Buster or oldstable Stretch) has chromium recommend or even suggest any
task-* packages.  So I suspect that you have something custom/derived
causing this odd behaviour.

> apt install chromium task-marathi-desktop- task-nepali-desktop- ...-

Above would help if chromium was recommending task-* packages which it
doesn't on Debian, so for Debian systems I doubt that would help here.

> Disabling installing Recommends by default also helps a great deal with
> all those dependencies you don't want.

Above may break your system in confusing to debug ways, so if you ever
do that then make sure to clearly mention it when you later report bugs!

 - Jonas