Hi,

my (very old) laptop has been working like a charm until I updated from
Stretch to Buster. Among the other, the issue in the subject is very
relevant for me.

Here is what happens when I turn on wi-fi hotspot on Nokia 3 smartphone
(Android up to date):

1) any smartphone or tablet in the family can connect to my Nokia 3
hotspot.

2) my laptop can connect at least to a tablet hotspot (the tablet has a
rather old Android version, I guess 6 or even less, and it cannot be
updated); also, my laptop finds a lot of wi-fi networks around
(currently I'm in a building in the small town of Anzio, Italy, but
almost every corner of the town is full of wi-fi networks)

3) my laptop cannot even see any hotspot provided by a Nokia 3
smartphone with Android up to date; we have three of them, and I
checked everyone one of them: they all can be used by the tablet in
point 2) above, and none of them are even found by my laptop.

It seems there is something wrong with my laptop and Nokia 3 when they
try to communicate. Currently I'm still using my Nokia 3 as a modem via
Bluetooth, but the connection is rather slow. When the wi-fi hotspot
was working the speed was much higher.

Some data:

- the laptop is a HP 6730s, quite slow but incredibly robust; Buster is
up to date
- all the Nokia 3 have Android 9 July update

Thanks in advance for any hint.

--
Nimrod <nim...@virgilio.it>