On 8/10/19 9:57 AM, Jonas Hedman wrote:
Hi, my monitor (Samsung S22F350FHU 22"") doesn't play nicely
with my ThinkCentre M92p. I tried to mess with setting, and
I got it to work somewhat ok-ish but the picture is still a
little blurry and I got small black vertical lines on
both sides.

It sounds like your desktop is set to the wrong resolution.

A friend of mine offered to give me a MSI GeForce GT 710 graphics card
for free. I've always been a little afraid of graphics cards + gnu/linux
and avoided it like the pest because of all the associated proeblems of
getting drives to work and all that.

But if I accept my friends kind offer, how hard would it be to get it
to work properly on buster with my setup? I did some lazy duckduckgoing
but it seems like the answers were of varying quality and "hardness".

What do I need to do to make if work (if's possible at all)? I would
prefer to use free software but I'm open to using non-free stuff if
it's a quick fix.

It should work fine "out-of-the-box" with the Nouveau driver (free), nothing needs to be done. You might get better performance out of the proprietary driver in non-free, but it's not necessary.

Mark