On 18-08-19 22:04, rhkra...@gmail.com wrote:
On Sunday, August 18, 2019 01:16:59 PM nektarios wrote:
On Sun, 18 Aug 2019 18:29:49 +0200

steef <debian.li...@home.nl> wrote:
hi folks,

last days I get some slightly disturbing info about the browser_ad
DuckDuckgo. some say it's malicious 'malware', others seem to be
happy with the popup of unwanted ads which cannot be blocked
permanently: and the last thing makes me suspicious. please, if it is
possible, an expert opinion on this ad. i am using buster and
seamonkey as a browser .

thank you in advance,

steef van duin
groningen
holland

I have a similar setup as yours but am getting no popups from my browser
(firefox) and no ad blocker at all as I m using legit sites that have
income from ads. Why do you think the popups originate from duckduckgo?

@steef,

Are you actually getting pop-up ads, or are you just seeing search results
that might be considered advertisements as they focus on a particular company
/ product?

I don't get pop-ups, but some of the search results might be considered ads,
and, if so, I don't know what can be done about that.

.....I get sometimes results that may be considered ads with the fonts 'ADV'
added

thank you
steef