Hello Rodolfo,

Forgive me, if this was already answered.

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019, 9:26 AM Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.med...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all...
>
> >From mplayer.user mailing list I got no answer...
>
> $ playfile fantasia_a_due-prova_13_agosto.m4a

I use the terminal "play" command, which is part of the sox package.  I had
managed to configure it for  .m4a files, a few years ago under a "varient"
of Debian, Ubuntu 14.04.  I remember "support libraries" for sox (libsox?)
that went by three:  Good, Bad and Ugly.  Does that ring a bell for anyone?
(One of those may even be in "nonfree", due to Apple Licensing issues).

This just came up for me, after I locate an old iTunes library.   (Also, I
would like to get this Thread back On Topic).

Kenneth Parker