I am trying to build a root_fs with rootstrap. Yet rootstrap gets
stuck after

  Mounted devfs on /dev

and nothing seems to happen. All the processes seems to be sleeping.
Pinging the tap0 interface works but not the uml side of the connection.
No network traffic seems to take place, which is why I believe this is
not a firewall issue.

  Any hints or URLs? What should occur after the mounting of the devfs?

  The rootstrap command was run from a screen session. This should make
no difference, doesn't it?

::::::::::::::
rootstrap.conf
::::::::::::::
[global]
fstype=ext2
initialsize=256
freespace=10
modules=network mkfs mount debian uml umount
PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
[network]
hostname=rootstrap
interface=eth0
transport=daemon
uml=192.168.1.22
netmask=255.255.255.252
control=/var/run/uml-utilities/uml_switch.ctl
data=/var/run/uml-utilities/uml_switch.data
gateway=192.168.1.21
nameserver=192.114.47.4
[debian]
dist=woody
mirror=http://http.us.debian.org/debian
exclude=pcmcia-cs setserial
purge=base-config console-common console-tools console-data console-tools-libs
minstall=ssh
[uml]
install_modules=yes
::::::::::::::
rootstrapLog
::::::::::::::
Checking for the skas3 patch in the host...not found
Checking for /proc/mm...not found
Linux version 2.4.22-5um ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) (gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian
prerel
ease)) #1 Fri Sep 19 21:36:03 EDT 2003
On node 0 totalpages: 8192
zone(0): 8192 pages.
zone(1): 0 pages.
zone(2): 0 pages.
Kernel command line: eth0=daemon,,,/var/run/uml-utilities/uml_switch.ctl con0=fd
:0,fd:1 con=pty root=/dev/root rootflags=/ rootfstype=hostfs ubd1=root_fs init=/
usr/lib/rootstrap/builder devfs=mount rsworkdir=/tmp
Calibrating delay loop... 33.28 BogoMIPS
Memory: 28532k available
Dentry cache hash table entries: 4096 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)
Inode cache hash table entries: 2048 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
Mount cache hash table entries: 512 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
Buffer cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
Page-cache hash table entries: 8192 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)
Checking for host processor cmov support...No
Checking for host processor xmm support...No
Checking that ptrace can change system call numbers...OK
Checking that host ptys support output SIGIO...Yes
Checking that host ptys support SIGIO on close...No, enabling workaround
POSIX conformance testing by UNIFIX
Linux NET4.0 for Linux 2.4
Based upon Swansea University Computer Society NET3.039
Initializing RT netlink socket
Starting kswapd
VFS: Disk quotas vdquot_6.5.1
Journalled Block Device driver loaded
devfs: v1.12c (20020818) Richard Gooch ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
devfs: boot_options: 0x1
pty: 256 Unix98 ptys configured
RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 4096K size 1024 blocksize
loop: loaded (max 8 devices)
Initializing Cryptographic API
Initializing software serial port version 1
Netdevice 0 : daemon backend (uml_switch version 3) - unix:/var/run/uml-utilitie
s/uml_switch.ctl
mconsole (version 2) initialized on /home/shaul/.uml/K2Xg3o/mconsole
Partition check:
 ubda: unknown partition table
 ubdb: unknown partition table
Initializing stdio console driver
NET4: Linux TCP/IP 1.0 for NET4.0
IP: routing cache hash table of 512 buckets, 4Kbytes
Linux IP multicast router 0.06 plus PIM-SM
NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0.
VFS: Mounted root (hostfs filesystem) readonly.
Mounted devfs on /dev

--
"If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples then
you and I will still each have  one apple. But  if you have an idea and I