On 1/25/2020 5:39 PM, Harold Hartley wrote:
> I did a net-install and installed with no problems.
> The only problem I’m having is when I want to check for updates or install a
> file, it tells me that I’m not in the sudoers file.
> I’m not sure what’s going on, but I’m the only one on the system and should
> have admin access anyways.
> Hope someone has an answer for this problem.

Answering here to the OP, taking into account the other answers in this
thread.

I just installed Debian using netboot, installing with a root password
give me only su to use to log in as root.

Did you install any package which has sudo as dependency?

I would reinstall from scratch and try to log in as root using su.

What error do you get if you do:

$ su --login

--
John Doe