On Friday 07 February 2020 02:44:11 john doe wrote:

> On 2/7/2020 8:04 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >
> > My local network has 2 8 port switches, one here in this room that
> > claims to be a gigabit and managed.
> >
> > One of its ports is connected to the upstream port of another dumber
> > unmanaged 8 port switch that feeds the machines in the garage, and
> > which also claims to be a gigahertz capable switch.
> >
> > But file moves to/from the machines in the garage seems to indicate
> > theres a slow connection of around 10Mb/s someplace in that path.
>
> Have a look at the management interface of the manage switch to see
> what it is reporting.
>
> Also the unmanage ESW should indicate what speed it is connected with.
>
> How is the link between the two switches (trunk link)?

its upstream connector is plugged into one of the 8 ports on the managed
switch with decade + old cat5.. But after running iperf and getting 935
Mb/s, I think its the poor extended time write performance  of the cheap
ssd's, see my reply to Andrei. Short of magic chickens to wave, not much
I can do about that.  :)

Thanks John Doe

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)