Hi Debian users,

I'd like to run the second stage of debootstrap without root rights,
but for another architecture (host is x86_64 and target is arm64).

I know how to do all that with root rights (i.e qemu-aarch64-static works
perfectly here,
also, I can recommend using qemu-debootstrap), but I can't figure out a way
how to do
that without root rights.

I was expecting that fakechroot and fakeroot will do the necessary "magic"
to make chroot work for my use-case, but that's not the case (I need to
have libfakeroot.so
and libfakechroot.so in the target rootfs, but I could not find a reliable
way to get them in).

I found some emails in the archives about similar use cases (from ~10 years
ago).
But I failed to identify the solution in those cases.

Therefore I'd like to ask if anyone has a solution for my use case or some
hints/pointers.

Thanks,
Christoph