Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> As far as I can tell network manager is *not* using systemd-networkd in
> the background (it doesn't depend on systemd).

No, it doesn't but both of them use dbus and obviously can talk to each
other there.

So the advantage is when systemd does something network manager can react
and vice versa.

but I do not have systemd-networkd or -resolved installed

$ dpkg -l | grep systemd
ii  libpam-systemd:amd64                    241-7~deb10u3

amd64        system and service manager - PAM module
ii  libsystemd0:amd64                       241-7~deb10u3

amd64        systemd utility library
ii  systemd                                 241-7~deb10u3

amd64        system and service manager
ii  systemd-sysv:i386                       241-7~deb10u3

i386         system and service manager - SysV links

I was going to figure out why systemd-sysv:i386 is selected over
systemd-sysv:amd64, but couldn't allocate time and motivation so far.

And BTW I can not find anything like networkd

$ apt-cache search systemd | grep network
networkd-dispatcher - Dispatcher service for systemd-networkd connection
status changes

or resolved

$ apt-cache search systemd | grep resolv
openvpn-systemd-resolved - integrates OpenVPN with systemd-resolved
resolvconf-admin - setuid helper program for setting up the local DNS
libnss-mymachines - nss module to resolve hostnames for local container
instances
libnss-resolve - nss module to resolve names via systemd-resolved

I have no idea what people are complaining of here. Shouldn't I stay at
home, I would not even read or write this ... pure coincidence.