On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 12:54:58PM +0200, l0f...@tuta.io wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 16 juin 2020 à 10:47 de david...@freevolt.org:
>
> > I hear some people find bash-completion helpful. Personally, though,
> > no. Do not want.
> >
> Interesting/intriguing point of view.
> Why would someone not be interested in autocompletion please?

It's flaky and full of errors.  (Many of these errors end up on the
bash mailing lists as bug reports in bash, but nope, they're from
bash-completion.)  It bloats bash, using a lot of memory, and taking
extra CPU and wall-clock time (may not be noticeable on modern hardware).

That said, many people still find its benefits outweight its problems,
and are quite happy with it.  You get to make your own choice.