Hi,

On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 18:47:37 -0400
The Wanderer <wande...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Looking at it, I don't see anything which strikes me as qualifying as
> buggy. Can you clarify what about it you see as being a misbehavior
> problem?

(...)
> It appears that the software previously provided in libgcc1 is now being
> provided, in a newer version, in libgcc-s1.

not sure if I am missing something here, but from the things I read in
this thread this strikes me as a situation that is crying for a
transitional meta-package "libgcc1" which would remove the old libgcc1,
pull in libgcc1-s1 and thus leave dependencies intact.

Just a thought, though.

Regards

Michael

There's coffee in that nebula!
                -- Capt. Kathryn Janeway, Star Trek: Voyager, "The Cloud"