This is just debian grub recovery mode so on the same machine, so hopefully
zfsutil will be there. Looked at this;
zfs                  4214784  9
zunicode              335872  1 zfs
zlua                  172032  1 zfs
zavl                   16384  1 zfs
icp                   331776  1 zfs
zcommon                98304  2 zfs,icp
znvpair                90112  2 zfs,zcommon
spl                   122880  5 zfs,icp,znvpair,zcommon,zavl

So if I just modprobe those from the column on the left, it should work?

Thanks,
James