Kamil Jo?ca wrote:

> I try to migrate some my ancient virutal machines from virtualbox to
> qemu, and some things are unclear for me.
> 1. scsi devices:

> %qemu-system-x86_64 -device help|grep lsi
> name "lsi53c810", bus PCI
> name "lsi53c895a", bus PCI, alias "lsi"
>
> but in  /usr/share/libvirt/schemas/domaincommon.rng
> we have:

>               <attribute name="model">
>                 <choice>
>                   <value>auto</value>
>                   <value>buslogic</value>
>                   <value>lsilogic</value>
>                   <value>lsisas1068</value>
>                   <value>vmpvscsi</value>
>                   <value>ibmvscsi</value>
>                   <value>virtio-scsi</value>
>                   <value>lsisas1078</value>
>                   <value>virtio-transitional</value>
>                   <value>virtio-non-transitional</value>
>                 </choice>
>               </attribute>
> what is relation between them?

In your top cut, you have a specific SCSI adapter being selected
for emulation.

In the bottom, you have 9 different choices, of which you will
pick one.

The specific LSI 53c810 / 53c895a are not supported in qemu, but
it's possibly that the lsilogic emulator will work.

-dsr-

--
https://randomstring.org/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.
                there is no justice, there is just us.