David Wright composed on 2020-09-15 18:50 (UTC-0500):

> But also bear in mind that not so many people have actually run the
> debian-installer itself without Recommended packages being installed.
> I certainly never have (I don't know how to do it), even though at
> one time I ran an already installed system in that manner. Perhaps
> a "show of hands" is in order. Is it pain-free?

This the tail of basically the same installer cmdline I've been using for Debian
for several years, Bullseye the last:
netcfg/get_nameservers=8.8.4.4 netcfg/confirm_static=true tasks=standard
base-installer/install-recommends=false GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=true
--
Evolution as taught in public schools, like religion,
        is based on faith, not on science.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/