On Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 09:14:42 PM CDT, Dan Ritter
<d...@randomstring.org> wrote:
 mutt is an MUA, not an MTA.

What tasks do you want your mail server to perform? Please be
specific. We will have better advice for you once we know
exactly what you want to have happen.
-dsr-
Thanks, Dan,All I need from an MTA is:1) take mail from fetchmail and put it in
a mailbox for mutt to display,2) take mail from mutt and send it to my ISP via
smtp3) take messages from the system, eg: cron and deliver them to that same
mailbox4) take a simple message on the CL such as:    echo 'blah' | mail -s
'oops' no...@example.com

I've been using exim for years and it works well but is overkill for my needs.
Thanks,Mike