On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 11:14:09AM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> That will work for small manpages.  But you will not like
> what it does for big ones.  Here is a better way.
>
> 1.  Find the manpage source.
>
> $ whereis bash
> bash: /bin/bash /etc/bash.bashrc /usr/share/man/man1/bash.1.gz
>
> 2.  Typeset it in Postscript.
>
> # apt-get install groff gs gv
> $ zcat /usr/share/man/man1/bash.1.gz | groff -Tps -mandoc - > bash.1.ps

FWIW, in testing and unstable you shouldn't need the groff package for
this (just groff-base). It was kind of a mistake that the PostScript
device ended up in the non-base package, but I didn't manage to get the
fix into woody.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]