On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 21:57:07 -0400
Dan Ritter <d...@randomstring.org> wrote:

> Carl Fink wrote:
> > > I think that may be what he means.
> >
> > Can't be. He refers to having to log into a mail account
> > in the browser. That is never required for these mailed
> > links to forms--the form is not in your mailbox and can't
> > require you to log into GMail or whatever.
>
> I think we are all confused and the original questioner needs to
> provide an example of the very strange email that they want
> to work with.

Okay.  Here's a trivial one to keep it simple:

Recently I went to my bank in person. A few days later I get an HTML
email wanting to know my level of satisfaction for the service I
received: 1 to 10, worse to best. There was a gadget in the email to
enter the number, and a SUBMIT button. That's it. I could view all this
in Claws through the Dillo plugin, but of course nothing is clickable.
So, would have to do the browser thing to respond. Not that I responded.
Too much a bother.

FWIW, all emails I get now from businesses, government agencies,
Windows users, etc. are HTML-based.  Text-based has mostly gone the way
of the dodo.