Hello,

Disclaimer: I do not use and am not familiar with Sinology hardware and software and generally speaking, I am not knowledgeable in networking

I would say that:

- the owner:group names of a file on the PC you backup and the owner:group names of the backup files on the synology files might be different, even if you try to maintain ownership and rights. What really counts here are owner:group identifiers (UID:GID). Bob_user:Bob_group on your PC might equate to Alice_user:John_group on your NAS. Upon restoration that would be reversed to Bob_user:Bob_group.
 That would be typical without something like a LDAP server.

- SSH root login seems to be discouraged for security reasons. Sinology probably adhere to this principle and the appropriate way to do what you want would probably be to access a shell on the Synology software to issue a sudo or su -c command.

- editing /etc/sudoers is generally done via the visudo command

- if that is of interest to you, there is a way to install Debian in chroot on your NAS