riveravaldez wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 6, 2021, Brian <a...@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Tue 06 Apr 2021 at 11:20:58 +0200, Yoann LE BARS wrote:
> >
> > I had occasion to install Zoom a few weeks ago;'snap install zoom-client'.
> > Everything went smoothly and I quite like having this proprietary package
> > strictly confined.
>
> Hi, I was under the impression that (besides being fully open) Flatpack had
> better confinement method that Canonical's Snap, anybody knows if this is
> correct?

"Two years ago I wrote about then heavily-pushed Flatpak,
self-proclaimed "Future of Apps on Linux". The article
criticized the following three major flows in Flatpak:

    Most of the apps have full access to the host system but
        users are misled to believe the apps are sandboxed
    The flatpak runtimes and apps do not get security updates
    Flatpak breaks many aspects of desktop integration"

    -- https://flatkill.org/2020/

(the article then says that they fixed some desktop integration
issues)

-dsr-