For years, up through Buster, I have had a nice setup with virtual
machines on my laptops, with firewalling provided by shorewall and
rules I have added over the years. As I move from network to network,
the firewall is reconfigured, and the VMs continue to work. I also have
scripts that detect my home networks, and re-do the firewall for use on
the home network.

Now, with Bullseye, I seem to be hitting a brick wall. Something --
libvirt?? -- is mucking with my firewalling and breaking the virtual
internal networking.

What is the preferred way of running libvirt on a laptop? I do not
*have* to have shorewall, but would like some sort of firewall tool.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/